Mary Queen of Scots House and Visitor Centre - Jedburgh

A small stroll away from the 12th century Abbey and located in a garden of pear trees, this house was visited by Mary in October 1566. She had come to the Borders via Traquair House to preside at local courts and stayed for four weeks, most of the time spent recuperating from her difficult ride to visit her future lover, the Earl of Bothwell at Hermitage Castle.